Framework For Energy Efficiency Economic Development (FEEED)
BEE has taken up several initiatives to strengthen the market for energy efficiency including innovative mechanisms to scale up financing of energy efficiency projects in India. Under the initiative of the Framework for Energy Efficient Economic Development (FEEED), BEE has created financial instruments to help financial institutions in active engagement with industries, large commercial establishments, and project implementation agencies and provide funds for energy efficiency projects across the country.
To build the market for energy efficiency it is imperative to ease the financing of energy efficiency projects through different fiscal instruments. FEEED is designed for development of fiscal instruments to promote energy efficiency in the country.
2. Status & Achievements
The existing Programme under FEEED are as follows:
- Partial Risk Sharing Facility
Partial Risk Sharing Facility (PRSF) aims to provide partial credit guarantees to cover a share of the default risk that participating financial institutions face in extending loans to eligible Energy Efficiency sub-projects. World Bank is Implementing Agency for this programme, which is funded by Clean Technology Fund (CTF) and Global Environment Facility (GEF). BEE is co-chairing the Advisory committee of PRSF and provides policy guidance to this programme for supporting financing of energy efficiency projects. SIDBI is Project Executing Agency for this programme. Each energy saving loans given by Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs) is partially guaranteed for a maximum tenure of 5 years with guarantee coverage ranging from 40-75% of the loan amount or Rs. 15 crore per project. Till date there are 12 banks/ NBFCs who are already empanelled with SIDBI for PRSF. For more information regarding this scheme please check their website http://prsf.sidbi.in/
- Energy Efficiency Financing Facility (EEFF)
BEE has proposed a dedicated financing facility anchored by PFC and IREDA for taking care of financing requirements of large industries, project aggregation approach covering MSME clusters/ ESCO projects, re-financing to Banks who have lent for Energy Efficiency projects, upcoming energy efficiency areas such as smart grids, electric vehicles, and charging infrastructure.
Facilitation Centre for BEE’s financing schemes
Bureau of Energy Efficiency (BEE) has set-up a Facilitation Centre for encouraging and up scaling Energy Efficiency Financing in the country. The objective of the Facilitation Centre is as follows:
- To develop an online platform for connecting FIs with potential borrowers to mobilize energy efficiency financing;
- To collect the willingness forms and spread awareness of BEE’s financing schemes among various beneficiaries like large industries /DCs under the Perform, Achieve and Trade scheme of BEE, MSMEs, commercial and institutional buildings, Municipalities, Corporations, and commercial establishments; and,
- To prepare the list of energy efficiency technologies that will be uploaded on new IT platform and BEE’s website.
Till date following achievements are made under Facilitation Centre:
- More than 55 Willingness Forms have been received and approx. 30 technical Evaluation Reports are submitted to FIs for lending.
- On 19th Sept 2022, BEE released first list of 76 EE technologies for financing in consultation with various technical sector experts from prestigious organisations.
- IT platform of Facilitation centre with the name of ADEETIE (Assistance in Deploying Energy Efficient Technologies in Industries and Establishments) has been developed
- Till date 21 Banks & NBFCs are registered with BEE’s Facilitation centre
- 7 Webinars have been organized with the support of SDAs which witnessed more than 800 Participants from Large Industries, MSMEs, OEMS, ESCOs, Accredited Energy Auditors, BEE’s certified energy managers/ auditors
Stakeholders interested in seeking financing for implementing energy efficiency measures are requested to fill up willingness form and technical details form for submission to the BEE’s Facilitation Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concept note on Facilitation Centre
- Willingness Form
- Technical Details Form
- BEE’s List of Energy Efficient Technologies for Financing
- Large industries, MSMEs, OEMs, ESCOs, buildings, municipalities
- Financial institutions (Banks & NBFCs)
- Power Finance Corporation (PFC)
- Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency (IREDA)
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- State Designated Agencies
5.Website/Other information useful Links (if any)
6.Contact details of PO /email
Vineeta Kanwal, Director, BEE